Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
**New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID
vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their own
provider, with the first dose of a series required before the first
day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be considered for
those with a medical or religious exemption.
- High School or equivalent or higher education
- Minimum of one year experience in a health care related field or
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience and demonstration of strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of insurance coverage, claims submission
and preauthorization process
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of multi-cultural
populations from a variety of income levels
- Excellent attention to detail
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions and requests from patients,
co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish;
verbal required, written preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and
proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical
records, web applications and the ability to type 35 words per minute.