Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
**New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID
vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their own
provider, with the first dose of a series required before the first
day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be considered for
those with a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or equivalent; trade school a plus
- Minimum 2 years of facilities operations, maintenance and
janitorial experience; health care environment a plus
- Knowledge of/ ability to quickly learn maintenance and
preventative methods and procedures used in keeping buildings in
clean and orderly operating condition
- Knowledge of/ability to quickly learn safety precautions,
processes and procedures critical to facilities management
- Ability to perform physical labor necessary to successful
completion of tasks
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural staff
and patient population from all socioeconomic levels
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current, valid California Driver’s License
Language Skills: Ability to communicate clearly with
other PHC staff members.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic
mathematical calculations as related to the position.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize potential
problems and/or risks and either escalate or act appropriately.
Ability to perform essential duties with limited direction and supervision.
Computer Skills: Familiarity with Outlook and other
basic computer operations.