**New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their
COVID vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or
their own provider, with the first dose of a series required before
the first day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be
considered for those with a medical or religious exemption.
The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality
health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The
Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative
programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs
of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a eleven-time award winner in
the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2020, 2019,
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and
we were named as one of the Healthiest Companies in the North
Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal for the last 5 consecutive years.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides
primary medical care and mental health services to residents of
Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We
are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a
consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Summary: The Front Office Receptionist greets and
welcomes all patients to the center as they enter the front office
waiting rooms. The Front Office Receptionist is responsible for
answering questions, registering patients, and relaying information on
the programs and insurances.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Responsible for greeting patients and driving a positive patient
customer service experience
· Ensure that the waiting room environment tidy and presentable with
all necessary material
· Respond to inquiries from patients, visitors and employees and
refer, when necessary, to the appropriate person or department
· Responsible ensuring required forms are fully and appropriately
completed and entered into electronic health records
· Monitor and maintain goal levels of patient check in per hour,
patient collection and accurate capturing of insurance and programs
· Reconcile monies with batch detail and report and ensures safe
keeping of all cash, checks, and credit card transactions received
· System knowledge; creating and updating computerized patient records.
· Utilize the wiki for day to day job responsibility
· Schedule appointments according to policies and procedures,
appointment matrix, proper visit types, and other current guidelines.
· Responsible for extensive knowledge of appointment protocols (new
patient, controlled medication screening, mental health, women’s
health and etc.)
· Accurate capturing of patient demographic information, insurance
information, and structured data
· Create telephone encounters, messages, email, notations and assign
properly to staff
· Appropriately check in patients by changing check in status,
updating patient demographics and insurance information
· Facilitates patient flow by notifying the back office of patient
arrivals, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and
· Verify insurance and program eligibility by using insurance
websites or program guidelines