Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited medical assistant program
in California, or documented equivalent training in a physician’s
office (at minimum, training must conform to the state’s program of
California Medical Assistant Regulations BPC 1366.1-1366.4)
- Entry level position up to one year of experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Completed Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited
organization (Medical Assistant Program/School) is required
- State MA Certification preferred, but not required. If certified,
must be current and maintain competency
- Injection certifications and or competency
- Must have current BLS certification
- Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC’s credentialing
and privileging requirements
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in
English and Spanish with children and adults in person, on the
telephone, and in writing. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions and request from patients, co-workers, and
others as necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data, and establish facts.
Computer Skills: Computer literate and proficient in MS
Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records and use
of a web browser.