Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
*New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID
vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their
own provider, with the first dose of a series required before the
first day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be
considered for those with a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, mathematics, information
management, computer science or a related field required
- Minimum two years of experience in quality improvement, health IT,
or information management preferred; some experience required
The preferred candidate will demonstrate:
- Basic database or SQL knowledge
- Excellent data management and manipulation abilities in Microsoft
Excel or related product
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret and present data
- Strong understanding of quality improvement processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of database software, internet software, and MS
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions and requests from patients,
co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish,
both written and verbal, preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals at a college level.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: Experience with Excel, including
charts, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and common functions required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability
to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35)
pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and