Experience and Skills:
Other Skills and Abilities:
Use electronic medical record for documentation of above procedures.
Sensitivity to the needs and the situations of a multi-cultural
populations from a variety of income levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
**New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID
vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their own
provider, with the first dose of a series required before the first
day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be considered for
those with a medical or religious exemption.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited medical assistant program
in California or documented equivalent training on a physician’s
office (at minimum, training must conform to the state’s program of
California Medical Assistant Regulations BPC 1366.1-1366.4).
- 0-2 yrs experience
- Eligible for certification or is entry level with certification in place
Licenses and Certifications:
- Medical Assistant Certification/Eligible
- Venipuncture and injection certifications and or competency.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish with
children and adults in person, on the telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions and request from patients, co-workers, and others as necessary.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to recognize problems, collect data, and establish facts.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of a web browser.
- Electronic Medical Records.