Qualifications: To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
**New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID
vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their
own provider, with the first dose of a series required before the
first day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be
considered for those with a medical or religious exemption.
Experience/Specialized skills (including Language)
- 3+ years of social work or direct patient care experience preferred
- Case management experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare quality, quality
improvement, quality assurance or similar field preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively
interact through various mediums and adjusting language and
presentation to capture the attention of various audiences.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills in assessing and resolving
a wide range of issues relative to outcomes or alternative approaches.
• Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of
Licenses and Certifications:
- A valid and active Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW)
registration issued by the California Department of Consumer
Affairs, Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Active and valid Associate Clinical Social Worker registration
must be maintained continuously until
successful completion of the examination process for
licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Registered Associate Clinical Social Workers must obtain
licensure within six (6) years from the
original date of registration with the
California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Behavioral
Sciences. Failure to obtain licensure within
the aforementioned timeframes may result in termination.
- Basic Life Support required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong customer service skills
- Team leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of insurance coverage, claims submission
and pre-authorization process
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of multi-cultural
populations from a variety of income levels
- Project management and/or workflow development skills in a
- Familiarity with basic clinical quality improvement and
assurance principals and metrics
- Excellent attention to detail
- An energetic and creative individual with high standards and an
appropriate professional image.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within an
ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in providing solutions and setting priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills to work effectively with all
levels within the health center
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated
ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Maintains a sense of humor
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions and requests from patients,
co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and
Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy
and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic
medical records and web applications. Ability to type 35 WPM.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet),
depth perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object,
ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and