Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID
vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their
own provider, with the first dose of a series required before the
first day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be
considered for those with a medical or religious exemption.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of patients, physicians and other medical personnel
concerning referral resources for various payers.
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail,
multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize tasks and needs of
patients and providers.
· Ability to communicate, both written and verbal.
· High school graduate with medical office training.
· Two years experience with insurance, referrals, authorizations, and
Other Desired Skills:
· An energetic and creative individual with high standards and an
appropriate professional image.
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within an
ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in providing solutions and setting priorities.
· Effective interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels
within the health center.
Licenses and Certifications: None
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in English and
Spanish with children and adults in person, on the telephone, and in
writing. Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions and requests from patients, co-workers and others as necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data, and
Computer Skills: Computer literate and proficient in MS Office (Word,
Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records and web applications.
This position requires a High level of computer literacy, ability to
type at least 50 wpm
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
· Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day.
· Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions.
· Manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to
perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time.
· Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population.
· Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy.
· Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to
identify and distinguish colors.
· Ability to sit or stand for minimum period of one (1) hour.
· Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool.
· Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds.
· Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35)
pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment).
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to Health Center areas and general office environment. The
work environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and
temperature controlled environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are lengthy and irregular.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in
this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.