Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a health care related field or
customer service experience
- Experience providing strong customer service
- Dental experience preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to conduct detailed work according to the practice’s
established formats and policies
- Familiarity with electronic dental and medical records
- Basic working knowledge of insurance coverage, eligibility, claims
submission and the preauthorization process
- Ability to multi-task and work with interruptions
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with patients
and demonstrate a friendly attitude, even while under pressure or
when patients are upset
- Ability to manage and train staff as it relates to the practice’s
schedule and new protocols
- Ability to utilize the computer, multiple phone lines, copier,
scanner, credit card processing equipment
- Ability to promote the practice and educate patients on the
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of multi-cultural
populations from a variety of income levels
Language Skills: Ability to read and write English
and Spanish effectively required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office (Word,
Excel and Outlook), Dental Practice management software knowledge
(Dentrix Enterprise) preferred, and use of a web browser.