Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current enrollment in an accredited Dental Assisting School preferred
- Strong customer service ethic
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform detailed work according to established formats
Licenses and Certifications:
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross-approved Basic
Life Support (BLS) course.
Must complete all of the following requirements within one year
from date of employment as required by the Dental Board of California:
- CA Dental Board approved radiation safety course
- CA Dental Board accredited course in an 8 hour Infection control course
- CA Dental Board accredited course in Dental Practice Act
Language Skills: Bilingual in English and Spanish,
both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and
Outlook), use of a web browser, and dental practice management
software knowledge, Dentrix preferred.