Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Graduate from an accredited chiropractic school
- Five years of specialty experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed chiropractor with current California License in good standing
- Must maintain continuing education as required for certification renewals
- Must be CPR/ BLS Certified
- Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC’s credentialing
and privileging requirements
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions and requests from patients,
co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in
English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and
proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical
records and web applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability
to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35)
pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and
Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to Health Center areas and general office environment. The
work environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and
temperature controlled environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are lengthy and irregular.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required
to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an