Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or higher education
- Five years’ experience with electronic medical billing
- Prior Medical Billing and/or Medical Coding experience; data entry
experience minimum five years, preferably in a medical setting.
- Previously three years in FQHC, CHC preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural
population from a variety of income levels
- Function and ability to work in a team environment
Language Skills: Bilingual in English and Spanish,
both written and verbal, preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and
Outlook), electronic medical records and use of a web browser.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Repetitive motion with word processing and data entry
- Heavy phone use
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability
to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to twenty-five (25)
pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and
Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to general office and health center area environment with
frequent interruptions by staff, visitors and phones. The work
environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature
controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. The hours of duty are Monday through Friday during
the business day. The employee must be willing to work varied hours
to accommodate meetings and special functions.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to
follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an