Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school.
- Completion of an accredited residency program.
- Board Certified with current California License and DEA.
Licenses and Certifications:
- State of California Medical License or Osteopathic Physician License.
- Federal DEA Registration.
- Medical Specialty License or Certification; Board certified or
Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty.
- Must maintain CME as required for certification renewals.
- Must be BLS Certified.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability
to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of [one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35)
pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and
Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed
to general office and health center area environment with frequent
interruptions by staff, visitors and phones. The work environment is
a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature-controlled
environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The hours of duty are Monday through Friday during the
business day. The employee must be willing to work varied hours to
accommodate meetings and special functions.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required
to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an