Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill
and/or ability required.
· Bachelors of Arts or Science preferred
· Must have the ability to follow detailed instructions.
· Organizational skills, problem solving skills, communication and
customer service skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Certification as a sterile processing technician required;
candidates without certification must complete certification within
one year of hire and have experience in the job role or medical
assisting or CNA.
· Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC’s credentialing and
Language Skills: English, both written and verbal is required.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and web applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
· Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day.
· Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions.
· Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient
to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time.
· Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speak in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population.
· Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy.
· Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to
identify and distinguish colors.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time).
· Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool.
· Ability to grasps, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to frequently lift and or move up to twenty (20) pounds.
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to Health Center areas and general office environment. This
job position may have exposure to fumes, chemicals, noise, blood and
body fluids, and infectious diseases. The work environment is a clean,
well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature controlled environment. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The hours of
duty are lengthy and irregular.