Experience and Skills:
· Over five years of clinical experience and current active clinician
status as a board-certified physician (MD/DO) with demonstrated high
level excellence in clinical care for a complex underserved population
· At least three years of applicable management or supervisory
experience in a healthcare setting
· Understanding of and experience working with Patient Centered
Medical Home models, and/or team models preferred. Understanding of
quality and process improvement methodology.
· Effective problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and use
data for decision making.
· Ability to embrace and manage diversity to build and maintain
· Effective interaction with cross departmental stakeholders and
ability to develop positive relationships while being tactful,
respectful, and direct in communication.
· Ability to work flexible and extended hours and travel between
sites as needed
· Demonstrated experience in collaboration to achieve large project
and initiative goals.
· Capacity to train and mentor others with superior interpersonal
skills achieving results through a collaborative effort.
· Graduation from an accredited medical school
· Completion of an accredited residency program
· Board Certified MD/DO with current California License and DEA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
· College level mathematical ability and skill. Ability to define
problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
· Utilization of data driven decision making in a community health
· Principles of the patient centered medical home (Evidence based
medicine, outcomes oriented quality care, patient safety, customer
service, health information technology, and relational care).
· Assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
· Coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
· Proficiency in MS Office programs, including MS Word, Excel and
Outlook, use of a web browser and Electronic Medical Records. Ability
to accurately and efficiently use Health Information
Technology/Electronic Health Records (ERH) (HIT) Systems, including
Licenses and Certifications
· MD, DO
· State of California Medical License or Osteopathic License
· Federal DEA Registration
· Medical Specialty Board Certified
· Must maintain CME as required for certification renewals
· Must be BLS Certified
· Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC’s credentialing and
· Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to write by hand, use keyboard and mouse extensively to
perform office functions for extended periods of time
· Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
· Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
· Manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to
perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
· Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
· Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to
identify and distinguish colors
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one hour at a time)
· Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
· Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to twenty (20) pounds
(periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
· Ability to perform complex mental functions (such as, analyzing
information, interpreting complex concepts and laws, regulations and policies)
· Heavy phone use
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to general office and outpatient health center area
environment with frequent interruptions by staff, visitors and phones.
The work environment is a clean, well-lit, well- ventilated, and
temperature-controlled environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are Monday through
Friday during the business day. The employee must be willing to work
varied hours to accommodate meetings and special functions.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in
this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.