Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience navigating complex customer service interactions
- Demonstrated experience of remaining calm under pressure
- Dynamic, energetic, forward thinking and creative individual with
high standards and the appropriate professional image
- Ability to gather and organize information, to compose letters,
emails and correspondence requiring independent judgment
- Maintains excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Independent thinker with ability to troubleshoot day-to-day events
- Ability to appropriately manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- Flexible and proactive - versatile, flexible and willing to work
with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks with the ability to adapt
and accommodate frequent interruptions
- Strong organizational skills, is proactive and has exceptional
attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Independently assess and resolve complex situations
- Must possess problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Works well independently and without supervision
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions and requests from patients,
co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish,
both written and verbal required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and
proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical
records and web applications. Ability to type 35 WPM.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability
to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35)
pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and
Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed
to general office and health center area environment with frequent
interruptions by staff, visitors and phones. The work environment is a
clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature controlled
environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The hours of duty are Monday through Friday during the
business day. The employee must be willing to work varied hours to
accommodate meetings and special functions.
Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org.