Supporting Community Healthcare is a rewarding experience,
come join an amazing organization!
The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality
health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The
Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative
programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs
of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an nine-time award winner in
the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were
named as one of the Healthiest Companies in the North
Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal for the last 5
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides
primary medical care and mental health services to residents of
Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We
are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a
consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Medical Records Specialist
Summary: The Medical Records Specialist is an
entry-level team based position for the Petaluma Health Center. The
Medical Records Specialist compiles, processes, and manages health
information records by ensuring patient records remain accurate,
complete, current, confidential, and are compliant with federal and
state regulations, HIPAA, and PHC policies and procedures.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Scan/upload medical records/reports into eCW (EHR.)
- Responds to written requests for patient information and calls
from other facilities.
- Chart prep prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Daily huddle with assigned providers.
- Receives daily incoming mail & fax distributes as needed to
- Copying patient records requests and/or complete records requests
from outside sources, adhering to timelines for completion.
- Tracking all paperwork dropped off by patient and assuring all
paperwork is returned to patient within the time frame.
- Complete telephone encounters received from providers, staff and
- Check providers’ schedules each morning for any added appointments.
- Chart prep for the following day prior to end of shift.
- Follow up on pending/outstanding referrals daily.
- Fax or mail various reports, provider orders, lab notifications,
etc. per provider request.
- File and/or document requested information into patient chart(s).
- Mail: open, scan and /or distribute mail to appropriate recipients.
- Follow up on the deceased and transfer care protocol.