Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting is preferred.
- Prefer five years of professional level purchasing and/or supply
chain management experience in health care.
- At least 4+ year of management experience.
- Experienced in the management of a purchasing platform/software.
- CPPM preferred
- Experience in the management of a centralized purchasing system.
- Experience with product standardization and vendor management.
- Knowledge of vendor and contract management; specifically, as
pertains to GPOs and 340-b.
- Knowledge of a line purchase order billing system, auditing, and
fundamental accounting principles.
- Effective communication, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Ability to work independently and lead a team in a fast-paced environment.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems,
collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
and web applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly
throughout the day.
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and
mouse extensively to perform general office functions.
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed
sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and
speak in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population.
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth
perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum
periods of one (1) hour at a time).
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist,
crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool.
- Ability to grasps, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and
Work Environment: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to Health Center areas and general office environment. This
job position may have exposure to fumes, chemicals, noise, blood and
body fluids, and infectious diseases. The work environment is a
clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature-controlled
environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. The hours of duty are lengthy and irregular.