Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft (Active Directory, Exchange, MS SQLServer, VM Ware) as well as other clinic specific systems
- Two to Four years system administration experience
1. SA Engineering and Provisioning -
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Assist in the management of existing servers, VM environment, and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
2. Operations and Support -
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Review daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery media or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Maintain and Support Tadiran/Vocera VoIP Phone Systems
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier II/III/other support per request from various constituencies as needed. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Provide Tier II/III/other support per request from various constituencies as needed.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support as needed
3. Maintenance -
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Maintain system software that supports Server Virtualization infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Ability to recognize problems, collect data, and establish facts.
- Cisco Certification preferred.
- Electronic Medical Records Experience Preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Server/OS Platforms.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of a web browser.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit ergonomically correctly; use hands to finger, handle or feel, ability to talk and/or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus. Repetitive motion with word processing and data entry. Heavy phone use.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.