The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The residency will be a 12-month full time paid program, with didactics, precepting, mentoring, specialty experiences, and inter-professional learning. We aim to foster a culture of critical thinking and cooperative learning and to help reach goals of competency and confidence in medical practice. The end result is a graduate who will provide high quality care, reach their goals, and maintain a high level of job satisfaction. Our residents learn about our innovative team approach in a multicultural, multilingual environment.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Resident
Start Date: April, 2020
In addition to attaching your CV, please submit a 500 word Letter of Intent and three letters of recommendation.
Summary: The twelve month position prepares the NP/PA Resident to perform the duties of a primary care provider in a Federally Qualified Health Center with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention through patient education and counseling. Residents are prepared to perform in an expanded role in the delivery of primary health care by receiving mentoring and a didactic program to increase clinical skills.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide direct clinical care to patients at the health center in a full family practice scope
- Work with mentoring staff to increase skills in clinical care, use of tools for decision support
- Attend didactic sessions to increase knowledge of clinical areas, FQHC organizational skills, leadership, EMR training
- Collaborate effectively with clinical team members in preventive care, treatment of acute and chronic illness
- Seek consultation as described in NP/PA protocol
- Participates in ongoing training
- Other duties as assigned