Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this position assists in various activities surrounding the preparation of financial statements and supporting documents, and oversees review of accounting system inputs/outputs for accuracy and reasonableness.
The Financial Analyst gathers, processes, and summarizes complex financial information to provide support to the organization's fiscal functions and applies accounting reporting requirements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles related to the goals of the health center. The Financial Analyst has the opportunity to contribute to the creation of a robust and scalable infrastructure as well as assisting with implementation and on-going maintenance of internal control compliance.
The Financial Analyst also plays an important role in the monthly and year-end close processes, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations of sub-ledgers. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for fiscal management of federal and private grant funds. This position will assist with various projects including annual audit, UDS and OSHPD reporting, and provides financial and technical expertise to support daily operations and recommends improvements to department processes.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions * Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials
- Evaluate cost efficiencies, profit, and productivity in various areas of the organization as needed
- Responsible for coordinating/managing financial reporting
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget
- Develops relationships with the department managers, providing instruction, support and advice for financial issues
- Assists with gathering and compiling data for the completion of the annual financial and benefit plan audits
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external schedules to facilitate annual audits, OSHPD and UDS reporting, and 990 filings
- Coordinate and perform a full range of accounting duties associated with accounting and financial reporting functions, including specialized fiscal grants management tasks
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal grant accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Ensures financial information adheres to generally accepted accounting principles
- Completes special projects as assigned