Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Vocational training provided by Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) preferred: Dental Health
Promotion (Community Health Worker Certificate track)
* Strong customer service ethic
* Excellent Communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
* Sensitive to the needs and situations of multi-cultural populations from a variety of income levels.
* Ability to perform detailed work according to established formats and protocols
* Has an aptitude for collecting, analyzing and presenting data.
* Has a resourceful, problem solving attitude, willing to be accountable.
* Have effective organizational skills. Meets timetables.
* Is successful working in a fast paced situation
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests frompatients, co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish, written and verbal, required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook),
electronic dental records and web applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly throughout the day
* Ability to write by hand, use phone, use scanner, use computer keyboard and mouse extensively to
perform general office functions
* Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for
extended periods of time
* Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and speech in a manner which can be
understood by a diverse population
* Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy
* Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth perception, field of vision, ability
to focus on an object, ability to identify and distinguish colors
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum periods of one (1) hour at a time)
* Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and climb with the use of a step
* Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
* Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
* Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35) pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or
* Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and community locations
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to Health Center areas and general
office environment. The work environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature controlled
environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are lengthy and
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested. This document does not
create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at-will' relationship.