Experience and Skills:
Other Skills and Abilities:
Use electronic medical record for documentation of above procedures. Sensitivity to the needs and the situations of a multi-cultural populations from a variety of income levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited medical assistant program in California, or documented equivalent training in a physician’s office (at minimum, training must conform to the state’s program of California Medical Assistant Regulations BPC 1366.1-1366.4)
- Entry level position up to one year of experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Completed Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited organization (Medical Assistant Program/School) is required
- State MA Certification preferred, but not required. If certified, must be current and maintain competency
- Injection certifications and or competency
- Must have current BLS certification
- Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC’s credentialing and privileging requirements
Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish with children and adults in person, on the telephone, and in writing. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and request from patients, co-workers, and others as necessary
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to recognize problems, collect data, and establish facts.
Computer literate and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records and use of a web browser.