Experience and Skills:
· Two years related experience in billing, insurance benefits, and prescription refill coordination preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with culturally and linguistically diverse populations, including maintaining good relationship between pharmacy and clinical staff.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team environment.
· Ability to use good judgement in responding to questions from nurses, providers, and other clinical personnel.
· Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal supervision, yet be able to recognize when it is appropriate to seek assistance.
· Ability to deliver and model excellent customer service.
· Experience working in a Joint Commission Accredited health care facility, and/or an ambulatory care facility designated as a Patient-Centered Medical Home highly preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
· Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) required
· Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC’s credentialing and privileging requirements
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests from patients, co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal highly preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records and web applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Movement within health center environment repeatedly throughout the day
· Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and mouse extensively to perform general office functions
· Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
· Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
· Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy
· Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to identify and distinguish colors
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum periods of one (1) hour at a time)
· Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
· Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
· Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
· Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35) pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and community locations
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to Health Center areas and general office environment. The work environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are lengthy and irregular.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org.