The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a nine-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Clinical Purchasing Coordinator
Summary: The Clinical Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for clinical supplies and services purchases made by the company. This includes the duties of preparing and processing purchase orders or requests, keeping records of purchases, and keeping vendor information up to date. The Clinical Purchasing Coordinator will guarantee that materials, supplies and equipment orders are placed in a timely manner. The Clinical Purchasing Coordinator will assure proper levels of inventory are stocked in proper inventory locations as required. The Clinical Purchasing Coordinator will work closely and under the direction of the Clinical Purchasing Manager.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinates the ordering, receipt, reconciling of all clinical supplies
- Maintains an accurate supply of inventory, par levels, and just-in-time material flow as appropriate
- Use various computer programs to ensure accurate inventory of materials to avoid any clinical supply and material shortages
- Maintains up-to-date electronic supply lists from vendors
- Keeps abreast of new sources for supplies and materials
- Work with Finance to accurately code supplies and/or services for budget reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned