The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a nine-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Medical Assistant Team Supervisor
Summary: The Medical Assistant Team Supervisor coordinates a team of medical assistants, referral coordinators and medical records clerks in assisting in the preparation and treatment of patients under the supervision of a licensed provider.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Expertise in all areas of responsibility as defined in the Medical Assistant 3 job description and provisions of scope of services to the designated team
- Provides instruction, training and guidance to Team’s Medical Assistants to ensure all are properly and thoroughly trained to handle designated tasks, procedures and activities
- Monitors completion of individual Medical Assistant and Team tasks
- Participates in daily, weekly and monthly meetings as assigned by MA Team Manager
- Functions as a team leader and proficiently handles activities:
- Develops team work schedules in accordance with PHC policy and procedures
- Ensures adequate medical assistant coverage and adjusts staffing and workload to complete team tasks
- Acts as a liaison between back office and other staff members, responding to questions, requests and provides assistance
- Reports urgent situations to Team Manager, or to other managers as appropriate
- Assists in quality improvement processes and policy and procedure compliance as assigned by the MA Team Manager
- Understands and supports flow coordination
- Assists in vaccine inventory and storage quality assurance including temperature monitoring and procedures for vaccine emergencies
- Teaches immunization best practices to team Medical Assistants
- Ensures inventory of supplies and reference materials are maintained, managed appropriately and accurate
- Provides feedback for staff performance reviews
- Practices standard safety precautions, to ensure safety to self, other staff and patients, including handling of contained waste and sharps
- Supervises team Medical Assistants as stated above