The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
As an Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner, you’ll get the chance to work in a team based environment that is integrated with behavioral health. Most likely, you’ll work in our Rohnert Park facility, supported by a team of Medical Assistants and RNs. You should be comfortable working evenings and Saturdays.
Petaluma Health Center has two large clinics - one located in Petaluma and another located in Rohnert Park. Our scope of services include: Family Medicine, Maternity, Behavioral & Mental Health, Wellness, Optometry, Dental and Specialty Services.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org or call Karline DeShane at 707-559-7644.
We offer our providers the opportunity to practice a full scope or partial scope of family medicine and primary care. We offer flexible schedules, loan repayment, a full suite of benefits and competitive salaries.
Position Title: Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Urgent Care
Summary: The Urgent Care - Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will provide quality primary medical care in a compassionate and caring environment. The FNP/PA will provide health care services by performing the appropriate assessment including the history and physical exam, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, and implementing therapeutic treatment measures under the supervision a physician supervisor. The FNP/PA will work as an integral part of the clinical staff by participating in Medical Staff and PA/NP meetings as well as other projects and committees of Petaluma Health Center.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Serve as a member of a cross-functional team to provide medical triage of patients, medical care management, and patient education and counseling for patients presenting with urgent care needs and/or the need for follow up of chronic conditions
- Take appropriate history and physical examination of patients for a scope of patients is defined by level of certification
- Order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to scope of practice guidelines
- Obtain supervising physician's consultation when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient's care according to the PA/NP Standardized Procedures
- Communicate effectively with the patients while involved with their health care, including providing appropriate patient education while answering questions and in history taking
- Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through the peer review processes including chart review, by interactions with physician preceptors and by working collaboratively with support staff and all staff of PHC