The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a nine-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Interested in Student Loan Repayment? Are you an NHSC Scholar? Apply quickly - We have a favorable score of 19 for Primary Care!
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Quality Improvement Coordinator
Summary: The Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator assists the Quality Improvement and Care Innovations Director with facilitating and tracking quality improvement activities to meet our organizational mission of providing the highest quality care with access for all in Southern Sonoma County. The QI Coordinator interacts with clinical care teams and other staff to oversee and report on effectiveness of the population health management plan set forth by the Director and Internal Quality Improvement Committee.
Areas of Responsibility:
Population Health Management and Pay for Performance Programs:
- Oversee Cancer and Preventive Care Screenings outreach, including management of the Recall Tasks Smartsheet
- Assist with distributing recall lists, formatting lists as needed and assisting staff with finding the correct lists in Relevant.
- Communicate with teams regarding priority of recall tasks and provide technical support for recalls
- Work with staff to collate and report outcomes of recall activities
- Assist with Data clean-up, including immunization records
- Directly assist with outreach efforts, such as ordering tests under standing orders
- Run ad-hoc reports and provide status updates for the QIP Program
- Assist with completion of QIP unit of service measure submissions
Performance Improvement Tracking:
- Track and report on process measures for specific projects (ie. Team QI Dashboards, immunizations, colorectal, QIP, mammograms).
- Prepare progress reports for Team QI project or other QI sub-committee meetings.
- Assist with meeting coordination, meeting minutes, PowerPoint presentations and action item tracking of QI sub-committees, as requested.
- Assist with documenting Quality Improvement workflows, including wiki development for the QI program
- Work with teams to facilitate data collection for PDSAs through a variety of means, including survey monkey and manual data sheets as needed.
QI Plan Activities:
- Populate the monthly QI Trends report and review trends for data from various sources (Tableau, Relevant, external data)
- Populate and distribute the monthly Team Quality Dashboards
- Review the Monthly Committees Agenda and assist with preparing/obtaining materials for Board Responsibilities.
- Assist QI Director with overseeing administration of Patient Experience Surveys, as needed. Assist with collating results.
- Peer Review assist in preparing excel documents for peer review forms, distribute via email, track to completion, collate results and prepare summary for committee meetings as requested by QI Director
- Assist with patient and staff incentive programs by tracking progress and coordinating distribution of incentives
- Attend meetings to plan for staff training and track meeting topics, training outlines, and deliverables as requested by the QI and Care Innovations Director. Assist with keeping meeting calendars up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.