The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Health Information Coordinator Lead
Summary: The Health Information Coordinator Lead is responsible for the coordination of all preparation, filing and maintenance of medical records for the Petaluma Health Center and the training of all new Health Information Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons (including, but not limited to the following):
- Complete in a timely manner telephone encounters received from providers, staff and patients.
- Check providers’ schedules in the morning for any added appointments.
- Fax or mail various reports, provider orders, lab notifications, etc. per provider request. File and/or document requested information into patient chart(s).
- Prepare, fax and / or mail Health Information Release requests.
- Assist with phone messages and faxed requests as needed.
- Assist with patient requests for medical records.
- Follow up on pending/outstanding referrals.
- Chart prep for the following day.
- Close open referrals when consult notes are received. Follow up on pending and outside referrals as needed.
- Mail: open, scan and /or distribute mail to appropriate recipients.
- Assist providers and staff on urgent requests.
- Follow up on the deceased and transfer care protocol.
- Completes annual utilization review for medical records team.
- Trains new Health Information Coordinators
- Performs other duties as assigned by Team Manager.
- Participates in interviews to hire new or replacement HICs
- Floats to all teams to provide admin time or vacation/sick coverage.