The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Patient Experience Trainer
Summary: The Patient Experience Trainer is responsible for training new and existing employees about Front Office, Call Center and Laboratory Administrative Duties as well as Telephone Systems and the utilization of the Wiki. The trainer will assist and guide employees through shadowing and performance audits. The trainer will provide progress reports to management and participate in training meetings and projects. This position will be responsible for maintaining and updating training documentation, evaluating performance quality and identifying staff training opportunities.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Role model for driving a positive patient customer service experience
- Capable of creating a positive learning environment, conveying objectives clearly, encouraging and motivating trainees, and evaluating learning outcomes
- Adhere to all organizational policies, HIPAA regulations and Joint Commission guidelines
- Proficient and knowledgeable of the training module, steps and tasks included
- Achieve and maintain a high level of technical skills and knowledge of training systems, PHI systems, phone systems, and contact systems, patient facing systems (portals and website)
- Responsible for extensive knowledge of appointment protocols (new patient, controlled medication screening, mental health, women’s health and ect.)
- Serve as a resource for staff: new information, questions, challenging patients and situations, PHI system entry and workflows
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the training Wiki and its components in order to communicate the correct information and handle any question from trainees
- Must demonstrate the skill detailed in training Wiki
- Possess analytical and planning skills to assess training needs
- Work with management and members of the training team to establish overall training objectives
- Arrange and schedule training sessions to minimize disruption to normal working, while ensuring that employees achieve the levels of skills necessary for their jobs
- Present training programs
- Asses trainees’ understanding and progress, and make any necessary adjustments to the program
- Evaluate the competency levels of the individual trainees so that they can work with employees with different knowledge and skill levels and learning styles
- Listen to call recordings, performs call evaluations and monitor individual key performance indicators
- Capture and evaluate the outcomes of training sessions and maintain records of trainees’ progress and achievements
- Complete training requirements for each trainee