in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Summary: The Facilities Assistant performs maintenance duties at all PHC buildings, properties and departments. Duties include building maintenance and repair, environmental and safety regulatory compliance, grounds maintenance, custodial support, event and room setup, relocation, materials receivable and shipment, etc.
Areas of Responsibility:
- May perform daily morning unlock and ensure facility readiness for business
- May conduct daily building inspection rounds to check for variances in housekeeping
- Checks meeting room schedules daily for set ups needed
- Performs set up, tear down and cleanup of group meeting rooms with assistance from other facilities staff as needed
- Completes all preparation for contract night cleaners
- Assembles furniture for staff use
- Completes miscellaneous paint jobs, minor repairs and tasks as needed for optimal building performance
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks
- Checks and replaces light tubes
- Assist in Materials "receiving and stocking" when needed
- Periodically inspects and assesses condition of building and grounds; reports or corrects conditions as appropriate
- Performs periodic, major building maintenance including but not limited to window washing and building power washing
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned