The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Front Office Supervisor
Summary: The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for setting an example of excellent customer service and maintaining coverage standards of the Center. The Front Office Supervisor providers staff guidance, training/coaching, timecard maintenance and staff monitoring.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Role model for greeting patients and driving a positive patient customer service experience
- Respond patient/staff concerns in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of patient and employee satisfaction
- Assist with transportation needs
- Escalates/triage issues through appropriate channels as needed
- Respond to patient and employee operational feedback
- Responsible for extensive knowledge of programs/insurance & access/eligibility guidelines & applications
- Extensive system knowledge; creating and updating computerized patient records
- Escalates/triages issues through appropriate channels as needed to ensure quality of operation
- Enforces all cash- handling, check, and credit policies
- Maintains adequate supplies and request office supplies as necessary
- Creates and monitors staff schedules to ensure appropriate Center coverage
- Monitoring of front office receptionist to ensure the front office protocols are followed; patient demographic, insurance/program information is accurately captured at each encounter
- Create and update wiki articles
- Understands and use policy software and systems
- Ensure staff is utilizing the wiki on the day to day job responsibility
- Familiar with organizational policies
- Review of front office forms; ensure required forms/fields are fully and appropriately completed and signed
- Assists the Office Manager with quarterly and annual employee reviews based on job functions and established productivity and quality standards
- Serve as a resource for staff with new information, questions, challenging patients and situations
- Trains, cross-trains, and retrains all front office receptionist utilizing the wiki
- Supervises workload during shifts
- Takes responsibility in the absence of the Front Office Manager
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments
- Works collaboratively with the Front Office Manager and the Operations Director to ensure appropriate access and delivery of care within the Centers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager