The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Sterilization Technician
Summary: The Sterilization Technician promotes a safe and clean environment for the delivery of quality dental care. The Sterilization technician cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and packages instruments and follows standard precautions, OSHA requirements and dental board regulations.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Keeps sterilization area clean and organized
- Proficient at the use and maintenance of the Bio Sonic, Hydrim, Statim, Quattro care, M11, M3 and other sterilization and maintenance equipment.
- Checks instruments before wrapping and assists with inventory control
- Labels the cassettes and pouches accurately
- Monitors sterilization via physical, chemical and biological indicators
- Conducts and records spore testing per protocol
- Keeps accurate sterilization records
- Stores sterilized instruments according to protocol
- Restocks the sterilization room
- Serves as an infection control officer, follows infection control protocols and sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment
Dental Operatories and Equipment:
- Prepares and maintains with accuracy and efficiency dental instruments, supplies and equipment
- Restocks the operatories
- Cleans, maintains and sets up operatories efficiently before and after procedures
- Cleans traps and vacuum lines in operatories
- Closes operatories at the end of the day
- Makes sure that dental units, x-rays machines, computers, vacuum and compressor are turned off at the end of the day
- Conducts work in compliance with office policies and procedures, safety guidelines, OSHA, MSDS guidelines and the Dental Board of CA and COMDA
- Assists with other duties as directed