The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Team Nurse, RN
Summary: The Team Nurse, RN is responsible for providing care in assessing patient problems and needs. He/she will implement plans of care, advise patients on health maintenance and prevention, maintain clinical documentation, mentor other staff, and/or provide case management per protocol under the direction of the Provider.
Areas of Responsibility:
Patient Care & Education
- Performs patient care activities that are assigned within the scope of competencies
- Collaborates with the Care team and Providers to increase understanding, involvement and to enhance the PHC patient experience
- Performs comprehensive triage and advice (phone and walk-in) for adult/geriatric, young adult, pediatric, infant and pregnant/nursing mothers under the direction of licensed clinical staff
- Processes medication refills in accordance with protocol
- Provides immediate response for urgent triage (includes phone) and codes within the facility
- Performs nurse visits under the direction of Provider (s) (includes, but not limited to): wound care; B12; Coumadin; Testosterone injections; Insulin and glucometer teaching; Depo; BP checks; suture removal; medication reconciliation; and patient education for chronic disease per protocol
- Assists with various procedures
- Performs medication reconciliation and adjustments per protocol and with support of Provider
- Informs and educates patients on the significance of abnormal lab results relative to chronic disease and/or Public Health tracked illnesses in accordance with PHC approved educational materials as per protocol
- Effectively utilizes PHC approved educational materials to provide patient education for medications, wellness, disease management, procedures and processes under the direction of licensed clinical staff
- Ensures a clean, orderly and functional work environment
- Assists team manager to facilitate policy implementation and adherence by staff
- Effectively participates in problem identification and resolution
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of PHC equipment and supplies
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Performs indirect case management (includes, but not limited to): patient recalls; missed breast care follow up; and new patient intakes
- Provides direct case management for uncontrolled chronic disease with Provider direction
- Assists and leads staff trainings
- Provides guidance to MA’s doing non-appointment work
- Mentors and orients new staff, students and other team members