The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Site Administrator, Rohnert Park
Summary: Ensures each clinical site provides its patients with the highest quality of clinical services and excellent patient experience in a financially sustainable manner. Ensures all provider and support staff members are managed professionally and fairly.
Areas of Responsibility:
Provision of High Quality Care:
- Ensures highest quality of clinical services are provided in the medical, behavioral health and wellness departments
- Ensures daily staffing ratios support optimal clinical services
- Supply of providers meets demand - ensures all shifts are filled every day
- Supply of provider support staff meets demand - ensures all shifts are filled every day
- Supply of Population Health, HICs, and Referrals support staff meets needs - ensures all shifts are filled every day
- Monitors patient flow and patient experience on a daily basis
- Continually monitors patient schedules ensuring they are filled appropriately
- Monitors patient cycle time, waiting time, use of waiting rooms and lobbies
- Ensures site meets all QI goals
- Monitors all goals and trends
- Takes action when necessary to train
- Actively participates in all QI processes
IT and Facility support:
- Ensures services are appropriately available to meet clinical support needs of providers and clinical support staff
- Ensures services are appropriately available to meet needs of facility for cleanliness, furniture and equipment maintenance
- EHR and practice management liaison with IT and Informatics department and ensures all staff are trained
- Manages relationship with landlord for services (landscaping/HVAC, etc.)
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Addresses, documents, and manages responses to patient concerns, complaints and all types of incidents
- Ensures all services are provided in compliance with all laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures
Supplies - ensures par levels maintained:
- Vaccines for Children program administered in compliance with rules/regulations
- Works with clinical leadership to order & stock supplies that will help reduce cost and improve clinical outcomes
- Ensures process is performed appropriately and in compliance with all rules and regulations
- Ensures all staff are trained and knowledgeable of emergency management roles, processes and practice regularly
- Ensures optimal management and supervision of work and performance of all support staff
- Works with staff and managers, and acts as liaison to HR team
- Monitors engagement of all staff and works with managers and HR as appropriate
- Ensures optimal performance, productivity and patient flow in all departments
- Medical Assistants, Referrals and Health Information support staff for all medical and behavioral health services.
- Ancillary services managed by outside organizations, ensuring excellent clinical services, customer service and productivity
- Pharmacy (and 340b issues)
- Laboratory services