The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Administrative Receptionist
Summary: The Administrative Receptionist is responsible for welcoming patients and visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. The Administrative Receptionist is responsible for promptly answering calls, phone coding, and navigating clients and customer needs.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for greeting patients/clients, identifying their needs and driving a positive patient customer service experience both in person and over the phone
- Answer and direct heavy call volume of phone calls from patients/guests and outside providers
- Listen and obtain information from callers in a professional, systematic and organized manner
- Direct calls and guests as needed to appropriate areas and extensions based on protocol and policies
- Prioritizes incoming requests and re-assigns or escalates appropriately
- Identifies, interprets, analyzes and researches issues and seeks resolution to meet patient and client expectations
- Utilizes existing knowledge, internal training and system resources to provide support to PHC employees, patients, organizational partners, clients and customers
- Contact staff to assist clients or visitors using vocera, chat, email and phone as appropriate
- Take messages, suggestions, and complaints and contact appropriate personnel when needed
- Create telephone encounters, messages, email, notations and assign properly to staff in eCW and other systems
- Assist with scheduling appointment requests from outside provider office following scheduling policies and guidelines
- Phone functionality (answer phones, park calls, transfer calls, conference calls, vocera)
- Prompt follow up of telephone encounters/actions
- Assist in being an education hub and resource to direct employee inquiries and assist in orientation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager