Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above expectation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent Communication skills and strong customer service skills; chooses the appropriate communication method and understands how job affects others.
- Displays ability and willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Plans, prioritizes and follows up in a timely manner
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and work with interruptions
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to conduct detailed work according to the practice’s established formats and policies
- Ability to read and write English and Spanish effectively.
- Knowledge of electronic dental records.
- Advanced working knowledge of insurance coverage, eligibility, claims submission and the preauthorization process.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with patients and demonstrate a friendly attitude, even while under pressure or when patients are upset
- Ability to train staff as it relates to the practice’s schedule and new protocols
- Ability to utilize the computer, multiple phone lines, copier, scanner, credit card processing equipment.
- Ability to promote the practice and educate patients on the treatment benefits
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of multi-cultural populations from a variety of income levels.
- Ability to uphold financial policies, while approaching patients in a friendly and supportive manner
Dental office experience needed. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to recognize problems, collects data, and establishes facts.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Use of a web browser.
Dental practice management software knowledge (Dentrix Enterprise) preferred
All Patient Care Coordinators
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit ergonomically correct; use hands to finger, handle or feel to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org.