Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a minimum of five years experience working in a capacity coordinating volunteers or employees, preferably in a health care setting; or combination of applicable education and experience.
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to Volunteer Services Program Management
- Demonstrated capability to communicate professionally with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests from volunteers, patients, co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook and web applications. Experience with Volunteer Management Systems, such as Volgistics, preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35) pounds
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and community locations
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to general office and health center area environment with frequent interruptions by staff, visitors and phones. The work environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are Monday through Friday during the business day. The employee must be willing to work varied hours to accommodate meetings and special functions.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at-will' relationship.
Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org.