The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Interested in Student Loan Repayment? Are you an NHSC Scholar? Apply quickly - We have a favorable score of 19 for Primary Care!
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Staff Dentist
Summary: The Staff Dentist performs evaluation, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases, injuries and malformations of teeth, periodontal tissues and other related oral structures and their impact on the body. As a Staff Dentist, you will perform general dental hygiene and periodontal treatment, and provide patients with dental education. You will perform dental restorations, crowns, bridges, implant supported restorations and dentures, along with root canal therapy and oral surgery procedures; pediatric dentistry and orthodontic treatment according to your level of training and expertise and within the scope of the clinic’s practice. You will manage the care of patients and provide necessary referrals with prompt follow up. You will supervise and guide dental auxiliaries and front office staff with performing their duties, while working as a team to provide excellent care to our patients.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides and manages patient care
- Delivers high quality of care in basic and advanced dental services in all phases of dentistry to patients of all ages
- Diagnoses and treats patients to achieve excellent results within estimated treatment time with maximum attention to patient comfort
- Delivers treatment plans to patients along with an informed consent discussion surrounding treatment options, risks, benefits and alternatives
- Makes appropriate referrals and communicates with specialists
- Provides patient education materials
- Possesses excellent people skills, particularly a caring attitude toward patients and staff
- Follows a comprehensive program of preventive dentistry
- Creates treatment plans and prioritizes treatment based on medical necessity and quadrant dentistry
- Manages immediate staff such as assistants and patient care coordinator
- Ensures correct coding and accurate patient records according to clinic protocol
- Monitors patient scheduling to ensure efficiency and effectiveness through "perfect day scheduling". Supports PCCs with scheduling and patient panel management
- Lead and supervise the work of others
- Shares information obtained in seminars and educational resources
- Performs performance evaluations annually for the RDAs and PCCs they work with
- Maintains thorough, accurate, timely and up-to-date patient records
- Responsible of documenting visit details to facilitate billing and to demonstrate medical necessity and quality of care
- Follows established protocols, policies and procedures
- Follows Standards of Care, Quality Assurance & Improvement Program and works collaboratively to achieve clinic goals
- Complies with all applicable State and Federal regulations, including but not limited to, Dental Board of California (DBCA), OSHA, CalOSHA and infection control guidelines
- Ensures patient confidentiality consistent with state and federal law
- Understands the overall practice mission and works collaboratively to achieve long term and short term goals for the clinic
- Understands practice scope consistent with the mission and values of the clinic
- Attends and participates actively in required meetings, trainings and functions
- Maintains a positive relationship with practitioners in the community
- Works with the IT department and Dentrix, Guru and Dexis Support
- Communicates with dental laboratories and other outside vendors
- Actively contributes to the achievement of the triple aim goals and company strategic goals
- Supports the department with achieving budget goals and is cost conscious when requesting materials, supplies and equipment
- Performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve clinic goals and objectives, as directed by the Chief Dental Officer