Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registered Dental Assistant degree required
- Dental office experience required
- 2-4 years of lead or supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Reacts well under pressure
- Able to multi-task
Licenses and Certifications:
Language Skills: Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Dental Practice management software knowledge (Dentrix Enterprise) preferred, and use of a web browser.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and community locations
Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org.