The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
As a Licensed Acupunturist, you’ll get the chance to work in a team based environment that is integrated with behavioral health. You’ll have your own patient panel fully supported by Certified Medical Assistants, Referral Specialists and RN’s.
Petaluma Health Center has two large clinics - one located in Petaluma and another located in Rohnert Park. Our scope of services include: Family Medicine, Maternity, Behavioral & Mental Health, Wellness, Optometry, Dental and Specialty Services.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Licensed Acupuncturist
Summary: The Licensed Acupuncturist will works as part of a comprehensive, integrated team to provide comprehensive acupuncture services and treat pain in the diverse Petaluma Health Center patient population. This includes working with individuals and in group settings. The Licensed Acupuncturist provides related health education for Petaluma Health Center patients.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provides medically necessary acupuncture, consults, assesses and treats when requested/authorized by family physicians/specialists
- Utilizes acupuncture to stimulate certain points on or near the surface of the body by the insertion of needles to prevent or modify the perception of pain or to normalize physiological functions
- May utilize needles, manual therapies, acupressure, and thermal therapies as within LAC scope of practice
- Provides an accurate diagnosis, supported by medical findings based on standardized examination and techniques generally accepted by the medical community including TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Western diagnostic techniques
- Performs routine evaluation, management and treatment services
- Educates patients on appropriate therapeutic exercises, qi exercises, breathing techniques, meditation, and other self care activities per the LAC scope of practice
- When applicable, conducts dietary and nutritional counseling per the LAC scope of practice.
- Identifies ways to improve care of patients, and makes recommendations to the Chief Medical Officer, Team Director of Integrative Medicine and Wellness, and Internal Quality Improvement Committee
- Participates in quality improvement of the program in conjunction with other services offered
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned