The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Summary: The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for routine and impromptu purchases made by the company. This includes the duties of preparing and processing purchase orders or requests, keeping records of purchases, keeping vendor information up to date. The purchasing coordinator will guarantee that materials, supplies and equipment orders are placed in a timely manner. The Purchasing Coordinator will work closely and under the direction of the Operations Supervisor.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinates the ordering, receipt, reconciling of all clinical supplies
- Maintains an accurate supply of inventory, par levels, and just-in-time material flow as appropriate
- Use various computer programs to ensure accurate inventory of materials to avoid any clinical supply and material shortages
- Maintains up-to-date electronic supply lists from vendors
- Keeps abreast of new sources for supplies and materials
- Work with Finance to accurately code supplies for budget reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned