Experience and Skills:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School or equivalent or higher education
- Minimum of one year experience in a health care related field or customer service
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience and demonstration of strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of insurance coverage, claims submission and preauthorization process
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of multi-cultural populations from a variety of income levels
- Excellent attention to detail
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests from patients, co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish; verbal required, written preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records, web applications and the ability to type 35 words per minute.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum periods of one hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 15 pounds (supplies and equipment)
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 35 pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and community locations
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly through our career page at www.phealthcenter.org.