The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Interested in Student Loan Repayment? Are you an NHSC Scholar? Apply quickly - We have a favorable score of 19 for Primary Care!
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Family Physician, Maternity & Hospital Intrapartum/Newborn/Pediatric Care
Summary: The Family Physician, Maternity & Hospital Intrapartum/Newborn/Pediatric Carewill provide quality prenatal, intrapartum, and post-partum medical care as well as newborn and pediatric care in a compassionate and caring environment. Work as an integral part of the Medical staff by participating in all strategic initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to after-hours call at assigned hospital setting, weekend clinics, supervision of CNM staff, and assignment to outside locations within PHC federal scope such as school based clinics.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Take appropriate history, perform physical examination of prenatal patients, order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy in the outpatient setting according to standard obstetric practice in accordance with ACOG guidelines
- Provide hospital care and management of labor and delivery for antepartum, intra-partum, and post-partum conditions in accordance with ACOG and hospital guidelines
- Utilize basic ultrasound skills to determine fetal presentation, fetal number, and fetal viability
- Provide hospital care and management of term newborns and pediatric patients in accordance with AAP, sub-board of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and hospital guidelines
- Obtain appropriate consults when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care
- Communicate effectively with the patient throughout the physician patient relationship, provide appropriate patient education, and demonstrate respect for the culturally determined needs of patients
- Show consistent and determined intent to be competent, meeting or exceeding the community standard of care
- Maintain active hospital privileges in good standing and maintain all certifications, continuing medical education hours, and Obstetric and Pediatric committee attendance and activity
- Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review as established through the medical staff bylaws, recommendations of each licensing Board, and clinic Quality improvement Program. Participate in the peer Contribution, considering carefully the opinions of colleagues
- Cooperate with the rest of the medical staff in assuring after hours and Saturday and evening hour’s coverage for the clinic patients
- Supervise CNM’s according to the standardized procedures agreed upon which defines their scope of practice while complying with all federal and state regulations and codes
- Supports and contributes to in a positive manner clinic efforts to maintain and improve patient satisfaction in all aspects of health delivery
- Works at maximum potential to meet productivity requirements in order to improve patient access and fiscal viability while maintaining quality medical care
- Meets all time commitments by arriving on time to the clinic and working entire shift or more as needed
- Responsible for maintaining credentials by keeping all required licenses current, including but not limited to California Medical License, DEA licenses, CME hours, CPR Certifications and any other required licenses. It is the responsibility of the physician to give Human Resources current credentials before old credentials expire
- Willingly performs other duties within the scope of practice as assigned