The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Temporary Facilities Assistant - Community Health Clinic
3-Month Assignment with the possibility to become a regular full time position
Monday through Friday - Standard office hours
As a Temporary Facilities Assistant you will handle general maintenance tasks at Petaluma Health Center’s buildings, properties and departments. You will be involved in building maintenance and lite repair, environmental and safety regulatory compliance, handle lite grounds maintenance and custodial support. You’ll be the go to person for special event and room setup, staff office moves and shipping / receiving materials. You should enjoy working in a fast paced team environment and be devoted to customer service.
Areas of Responsibility:
- May open facility daily and ensure facility is ready for business.
- May conduct daily building inspection rounds to check for variances in housekeeping.
- Check meeting room schedules daily and facilitate meeting room set up.
- Perform set up, tear down and cleanup of group meeting rooms with assistance from other facilities staff as needed.
- Complete all preparation for contract night cleaners.
- Assemble furniture for staff use.
- Complete miscellaneous paint jobs, minor repairs and tasks as needed for optimal building performance.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks.
- Check and replaces light tubes.
- Assist in Materials "receiving and stocking" when needed.
- Periodically inspect and assess condition of building and grounds; report or correct conditions as appropriate.
- Perform periodic major building maintenance including but not limited to window washing and building power washing.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.