The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: IT Systems Engineer
You will be responsible for effective planning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will work in a team environment at our Administrative Center located in Petaluma and report to our Director of IT.
Areas of Responsibility:
SA Engineering and Provisioning:
- Responsible for the planning and engineering of Petaluma Health Centers IT systems infrastructure
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Oversee the management of existing servers and VM environment. Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Engage with System/Network Admin Vendors, review invoices & contracts, recommend system improvements and processes, in-line with established business goals
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Research innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Identifies processes that leverage our resources and provides economies of scale
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
Operations and Support:
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups as needed
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Review backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery media or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Maintain and Support Vocera & VoIP Phone Systems
- Provide Tier II/III/other support per request from various constituencies as needed. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support as needed
- Maintain the PHC intranet, Service Desk, Office 365, PolicyTech, Amazon, and other Cloud Software solutions in consultation with support Vendors as needed
- Apply OS patches and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary
- Maintain system software that supports Server Virtualization infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
- Develop and maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Support data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Collaborate with network engineers, architects and other team members on the implementation, testing, deployment and integration of network and server systems
- Study the "best practices" of other organizations and make recommendations regarding changes that would benefit PHC
- Promote and support PHC’s mission and vision
- Assist with all other special tasks and manage projects as directed by management
- Sensitivity to the needs and the situations of multi-cultural populations from a variety of income levels