The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Medical Staff Coordinator
Summary: The Medical Staff Coordinator collaboratively manages the daily operations of the Medical Staff Office for a provider roster of over 100 licensed providers at Petaluma Health Center. The Medical Staff Coordinator ensures the support and maintenance of a high quality and diverse team of providers who provide health care to our community. The position requires the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality, and exercise judgment and initiative.
Areas of Responsibility:
Medical Staff Coordination:
- Assists Human Resources (HR) and CMO in the recruitment of providers including screening, direct interaction with candidate to facilitate interviews. Plans interview day with HR and appropriate providers
- Collaborates with HR and IT to ensure timely and accurate provider onboarding
- Collaborates with HR and credentialing assistant in the credentialing and privileging process for licensed staff. Maintains list of current privileges of providers and interfaces with clinical and operational leaders to coordinate medical staff privileges with clinical operations
- Creates and executes orientation schedule for new providers for the purpose of successful hire and retention
- Assists with tracking and execution of provider performance evaluation activities: privileging, proctoring, case review, peer review, competency evaluation
- Prepares all internal provider CME and trainings and meetings including materials, agenda, and catering
- Tracks internal CME and required risk and quality trainings for the purpose of privileging. Maintains documentation of provider CMEs including use of clinical decision support tools, risk management training, and elective CME
- Maintains documentation of required peer review process and assists CMO with coordination of activities related to reporting and process improvements
- Assists with processing check requests, license renewals, and personal expenses for providers through the accounts payable system. Acts as liaison for providers for any issues that occur
- Assists with travel arrangements, reservations and registrations for medical staff trainings as requested
Associate Director Assistance:
- Coordinates and executes internal and external meeting schedule for which the Directors hold responsibility. Coordinates meeting logistics and locations for meetings including tele-conference, WebEx communications, and/or in house technology equipment. Organizes and prepares agendas, compiles materials, distributes information, attends meetings, takes meeting minutes, and tracks action items for meetings
- Assists with the maintenance of the administrative schedule Associate Directors
- Assists in the dissemination of information to providers and appropriate departments relating to clinical initiatives, quality improvement, and provider updates
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of PowerPoint and other standard presentations and talking points for clinical leaders
- Responds appropriately to all information requests from directors, provider, Board of Directors, and external collaborators
- Assists with the planning and preparation of clinical site visits from outside clinics and other leaders interested in learning the PHC model of care
- Maintains a well-organized filing system both physically and electronically