The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Intake Care Coordinator - Front Office
Our Front Office Intake Care Coordinators greet and welcome all patients to the center as they enter the various front office waiting rooms. A Front Office Intake Care Coordinator is responsible for registering patients, answering questions, assisting patients, applying eligibility programs and ensuring the patient is ready for their appointment.
We have two positions open - one located in Petaluma and one located in Rohnert Park
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for greeting patients and driving a positive patient customer service experience
- Create and update computerized patient records in eCW
- Schedule appointments according to policies and guidelines
- Capture patient demographic information and insurance information on each patient, then scan all forms into eCW as applicable and then appropriately change check in status
- Verify insurance eligibility
- Responsible for extensive knowledge of programs/insurance & access/eligibility guidelines & applications [including Medi-Cal, CHDP, CPSP, Presumptive Eligibility, Family Pact, Sliding Scale]
- Responsible for ensuring required forms are fully and appropriately completed and signed
- Collect co pays and existing balances-issues receipts
- Reconcile monies with batch detail report and ensure safe keeping of all cash, checks and credit card transactions
- Prompt follow up of telephone encounters/actions
- Performs duties in various areas (reports, copying forms, etc) as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager