The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is an eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Position Title: Dental Back Office Supervisor/RDA
Position Summary: The Dental Back Office Supervisor coordinates the flow of dental office activities and resolves issues arising from patient and staff activities, patient requests and other inquiries by performing personally or supervising the duties outlined below. The Dental Back Office Supervisor represents the clinic in a professional manner to the public and within the organization with functional responsibilities in supervision, patient care, office management and dental systems management.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assigns duties to employees and provides on-site guidance, interpretation, and supervision of established back office procedures.
- Trains, supervises and motivates team members to ensure consistent and maximum productivity and quality of care.
- Conducts performance evaluations and procedure audits.
- Conducts new clinical support staff orientation
- Conducts staff competencies
- Approves timecards and time off for direct reports.
- Ensures all compliance postings are current
- Ensures adherence to all laws and regulations regarding employment, affirmative action, medications, medical waste disposal, and safety
- Maintains an appropriate office environment
- Responsible for ensuring employees greet, welcome and assist all patients and guests.
- Addresses patient complaints and files incident reports.
- Performs chart audits and referrals audits.
- Participates actively in the department’s Quality Improvement and Risk Management program.
- Ensures that patient records are accurate and complete, and that patient confidentiality is strictly maintained
- Supervises lab cases and lab protocol
- Acts as an RDA when needed
- Maintains the office manual and OSHA manual.
- Monitors and updates Policies and Procedures together with the Office manager.
- Conducts yearly OSHA review, sharps review and radiology review as well as other trainings as needed.
- Maintains up to date the office manuals, binders and other necessary documentation
- Proficient with all software programs and workflows in these programs
- Responsible of intra and interdepartmental communication
- Actively participates in department meetings and Safety meetings
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of the facility
- Responsible of the dental equipment inventory, maintenance and repairs
- Assists the Office manager with the substantiation of invoices for repairs, maintenance, equipment and supplies
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels, coordinates the selection and ordering of supplies and equipment
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance appointments
- Maintains the online ordering system
- Actively manages costs at or below budget
Office Dental Systems
- Infection control: supervises the implementation of policies and procedures, workflows and, oversees the sterilization process and monitoring.
- Manages the radiation safety program
- Keeps crash cart updated
- Conducts nitrous oxide quarterly monitoring
- Participates in annual radiology, sharps and infection control review
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Office Manager
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task