The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Southern Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
The Petaluma Health Center is a eight-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of '2015 Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.
Position Title: Referrals Specialist
Summary: The Referrals Specialist coordinates all referrals to outside providers at the direction of all providers.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for completion and processing of all authorizations and referrals ordered by providers and requested by patients for services outside of PHC
- Verification of patient insurance eligibility
- Maintain authorizations/referral information in patient chart through a tracking mechanism
- Assist patients in the appeal process for denial of services through the proper appeals process with their insurance companies
- Tracks the completion of the referral process
- Maintain extensive resource directory for PHC staff and patients for access of community resources
- Knowledge of managed care requirements for referrals
- Participates in MAA Coordination and Claims Administration, including but not limited to completion of the annual time survey
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Manager and Director of Clinical Operations